Just thought I'd share the birthday invitation I did for Brooke's Sweet Sixteen party coming up this weekend. Although the stamps she picked were on the "Retired Shelf" you could easily substitute current stamp sets to reproduce this card. Before I get into all the details, let me tell you that I didn't come up with this idea...I copied from a fellow demonstrator, Mary Jo Albright from Pennsylvania. That's one of the great things about being part of the Stampin' Up! family is that we all share ideas. If you want information on how to join our family...click here.
I've included two pictures of the invite. One with it closed, which by the way will fit into a regular sized card envelope, and one with it opened, so you can see how cute it is. (I put all the party information on the back of the tag.)
I used Pink Pirouette from this year's In Color family and Chocolate Chip from the Earth Elements family and of course Whisper White.
Here's the supplies you'll need..
Paper cutter with scoring & cutting blade
4-1/4" x 11" piece of cardstock for base
2-1/2" x 5" piece of cardstock for tag
2-3/4" x 5-1/4" piece of cardstock for tag matting
3/16" corner rounder punch
Here's how you do it...
- Score the 4 1/4" x 11" piece of cardstock at at 1", 2-3/4", 3-3/4", 5-1/2", 7-1/4", 8-1/4", and 10".
- Stamp as desired. I used a Stampin' Around wheel and "wheeled" each section individually. You can use a background stamp or create a background using a smaller stamp.
- Turn cardstock base over to the non-stamped side. On the middle 5-1/2" score line, make a mark 5/8" in from both sides.
- Cut between marked lines to make a slit for your tag.
- You can make this slit larger if your tag has dimension and bulky accessories. Use a hobby blade, ruler, and setting mat to create your desired opening.
- Apply Sticky Strip™ to the stamped side on the end 1" scored sections. You will want to place one strip next to the score line on one, and one strip at the edge on the other side (this becomes important when closing the piece together and for holding the tag in place).
- Create your tag with the 2-1/2" x 5" piece of cardstock and adhere to the mat measuring 2-3/4" x 5-1/4". You can attach a Jumbo Eyelet. Add ribbon so tag can be pulled up.
- Slide tag into cut slit. Attach tag to one of your Sticky Strips™. Make sure it is centered in the slit and lines up with the bottom.
- Fold up the other side with the Sticky Strip™ and attach to the tag.
- And there you go...a free-standing pop-up card.
These stamp sets are part of our Birthday Celebration Promotion and are listed at 20% off the retail price. This promotion ends October 31st.
109439 Big Bold Birthday $22.36
111532 Party Hearty* $21.56
110994 Bitty Birthday $10.36
111618 Crazy for Cupcakes* $19.16
111702 Time to Party* $13.56
108559 Crab & Company $22.36
*Stamp sets are die cut.
These are just a few suggestions...this card has so many possiblities...you can use it for Birthdays, Thank You, Christmas, Get Well Soon, Thinking of You...you get the picture...you can shop on-line for these and other products by clicking here and then click the "Shop Now" button or you can give me a call and I'll be more that happy to place an order for you.
If you have any questions or need help making this card...give me a call or send me an email.
See you next time....where the ink dries...